Back to GOD KEEP OUR LAND page
Pastor Rev. Stephen Coates
Is The Prophet?
· Did you know that there is no place in the Bible that says that the ministry of the prophet was to cease?
Hebrews 13:8 (English Standard Version)
8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.
· Did you know that the ministry of the Prophet will operate "till” the Church comes to maturity and the Glorious Church is presented unto Jesus her Husband?
Ephesians 4:11-16 (English Standard Version)
11And he gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the shepherds and teachers, 12 to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ, 13 until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ, 14so that we may no longer be children, tossed to and fro by the waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by human cunning, by craftiness in deceitful schemes. 15Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ, 16 from whom the whole body, joined and held together by every joint with which it is equipped, when each part is working properly, makes the body grow so that it builds itself up in love.
Ephesians 5:27 (English Standard Version)
that he might present the church to
himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such
thing, that she might be holy and without
· Did you know that today the evil religious tradition of cessassionism thwarts this prophetic purpose?
· Did you know that true theocratic order strikes at the very heart of denominationalism and democratic church government?
Strong's G4396 - prophētēs
· The Greek word for "PROPHET” is prophetes, and it means, "a foreteller, an inspired speaker; one who speaks forth openly, one who speaks for another; the open proclaimer of a divine message; an interpreter of oracles or of other hidden things.”
· Did you know that - A prophet is God's MOUTHPIECE, His spokesman?
· Did you know that - Prophets are the eyes of the Church, vocalizing, articulating, and revealing the mind, word, and will of God to men?
· DID YOU KNOW THAT THE OLD TESTAMENT HAS THE NEW TESTAMENT CONCEALED IN IT?
Deuteronomy 18:18, (KJV) - I will raise them up a PROPHET from among their brethren, like unto THEE (Moses), and will put My words in His mouth; and HE (Jesus the Messiah) shall speak unto them all that I shall command Him.
Deuteronomy 18:18 (English Standard Version)
18 I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brothers. And I will put my words in his mouth, and he shall speak to them all that I command him.
· DID YOU KNOW THAT THE NEW TESTAMENT HAS THE OLD TESTAMENT REVEALED IN IT?
Acts 3:22-23 (English Standard Version)
22Moses said, 'The Lord God will raise up for you a prophet like me from your brothers. You shall listen to him in whatever he tells you. 23And it shall be that every soul who does not listen to that prophet shall be destroyed from the people.'
Acts 3:22-23, (KJV) For MOSES truly said unto the fathers, a PROPHET shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto Me; Him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever He shall say unto you…every soul, which will not hear that PROPHET (Jesus), shall be destroyed from among the people.
· COMPARE THESE NEW TESTAMENT CROSS REFERENCES:
Acts 7:37 (English Standard Version)
37This is the Moses who said to the Israelites, 'God will raise up for you A PROPHET like me from your brothers.'
Acts 7:37 (King James Version)
37This is that Moses, which said unto the children of Israel, A PROPHET shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear.
Matthew 21:11, (KJV) And the multitude said, This is Jesus the PROPHET of Nazareth of Galilee (compare Jn. 4:19; 7:40).
Matthew 21:11 (English Standard Version)
11And the crowds said, "This is the prophet Jesus, from Nazareth of Galilee."
Jesus is the real Prophet
· JESUS - He is the very Word of God
John 1:1 (English Standard Version)
The Word Became Flesh
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John 1:14 (English Standard Version)
14And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.
· JESUS - spoke only the words of His Father
John 5:19-20 (English Standard Version)
The Authority of the Son
19So Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of his own accord, but only what he sees the Father doing. For whatever the Father does, that the Son does likewise. 20For the Father loves the Son and shows him all that he himself is doing. And greater works than these will he show him, so that you may marvel.
John 12:49 (English Standard Version)
49 For I have not spoken on my own authority, but the Father who sent me has himself given me a commandment—what to say and what to speak.
John 14:10 (English Standard Version)
10Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own authority, but the Father who dwells in me does his works.
John 14:24 (English Standard Version)
24Whoever does not love me does not keep my words. And the word that you hear is not mine but the Father’s who sent me.
John 17:1 (English Standard Version)
The High Priestly Prayer
1When Jesus had spoken these words, he lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, "Father, the hour has come; glorify your Son that the Son may glorify you, …
John 17:8 (English Standard Version)
I have given them the words that you gave me, and
they have received them and have come to know in truth that
I came from you; and they have believed that you sent me.
· JESUS - moved in the ministry of prediction
Luke 11:49 (English Standard Version)
also the Wisdom of God said, 'I will
send them prophets and apostles, some of whom they will kill
· READ: Matthew 24 (KJV) and (ESV)
· Jesus is the consummate New Testament pattern Prophet, and personifies each of the fivefold ministries
Ephesians 4:8-11 (English Standard Version)
· Moses was the Old Testament
intermediary or mediator
John 1:17 (English Standard Version)
17For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.
Galatians 3:19 (English Standard Version)
then the law? It was added because of transgressions,
until the offspring should come to
whom the promise had been made, and it was put in place
through angels by an intermediary.
· Jesus, the Prophet like Moses, mediated the New Testament
1 Timothy 2:5 (English Standard Version)
there is one God, and there is one mediator between God
and men, the man Christ Jesus,
· Whoever would not obey the words of "that prophet” (Jesus) would be "destroyed.”
· He who has the Son has life; He who ignores the prophetic Son has no life!
1 John 5:12 (English Standard Version)
has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God
does not have life.
· Have you heard the voice of the Spirit of God in your spirit?
· Are you among those who hear and obey His voice?
John 10:3-5 (English Standard Version)
3To him the gatekeeper opens. The sheep hear his voice, and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. 4When he has brought out all his own, he goes before them, and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice. 5 A stranger they will not follow, but they will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers."
· JESUS PROPHESYING OF BOTH THE GENTILE AND JEWISH BELIEVERS:
John 10:16 (English Standard Version)
16And I have other sheep that are not of this fold. I must bring them also, and they will listen to my voice. So there will be one flock, one shepherd.
John 10:27 (English Standard Version)
27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.
John 18:37 (English Standard Version)
37Then Pilate said to him, "So you are a king?" Jesus answered, "You say that I am a king. For this purpose I was born and for this purpose I have come into the world— to bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth listens to my voice."
Hebrews 3:15 (English Standard Version)
it is said,
· Does Jesus the Prophet speak into your life?
· Is JESUS, is His Word, alive in your heart and mind?
Compiled By: Pastor Rev. C.E. Stephen Coates
Back to GOD KEEP OUR LAND page