Welcome to Newmarket Church On The GO on the world wide web.
Christian Singles On The GO
Please contact Pastor Curtis at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like more info on this roundtable Bible study! We meet on the last Sunday evening of every month. This is a safe place for singles to meet and discuss their walk of faith and the advantages and challenges of the single/divorced/widowed Christian life. If you have never married, or are divorced, or are widowed, you are ALL WELCOME. We want to build you up in the faith and pray for you in Jesus' Name.
1 Corinthians 7:34 (Geneva) "There is difference also between a virgin and a wife: the unmarried woman careth for the things of the Lord, that she may be holy, both in body and in spirit: but she that is married, careth for the things of the world, how she may please her husband."
Planned Upcoming meetings (schedules/meetings subject to change):
1) Sunday Sep 30th 2018 5:30pm EST Christian Singles On The GO Roundtable Bible meeting plus music and personal prayer ministry - 5:30pm EST at Church On The GO
2) Sunday Oct 28th 2018 5:30pm EST Christian Singles On The GO Social event- stay tuned for more details! - 5:30pm EST
Aug 2018 New PDF Document by Pastor Curtis - here: "Christian Singles On The GO- Overview"
New Song: "First Love" by Curtis Alexander:
The homes of Singles are as VALUABLE to Jesus as the homes of Married couples, and Families, ALL in Christ! See our church's latest graphic below:
"Seasons" Song by Pastor Curtis Alexander:
Location: 465 Davis Drive Newmarket ON Canada - dial #220 on the outdoor keypad next to the south doors. We are on the second floor, above the GO Train station!
Meetings are monthly, every last Sunday evening of the month at 5:30pm.
See details below:
See Christian Singles On The GO video teachings in this playlist:
Also follow us on Facebook! Follow this link and click “like”: https://www.facebook.com/christiansinglesonthego
focus of this group:
1) G – GOD gives us Singleness as a GIFT. Singleness and Marriage are both gifts from the LORD according to 1 Cor. 7:7. In this group for Single Adult Christians, we wish to encourage singles to see themselves as having a unique and precious gift. This gift is to be used for blessing others in service to Christ. We hope to shift your thinking to see your life as a gift and a privilege to be both enjoyed and shared. We want all singles to know and understand that they are important, loved, and valued just the way they are. God gives gifts to those He loves!
1 Corinthians 7:7 1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)
7 For I would that all men were even as I myself am: but every man hath his proper gift of God, one after this manner, and another after that.
2) I – INTEGRITY as singles. We want to remain true to the Lord and live a pure and holy lifestyle by the power of the Holy Spirit. We encourage singles (and all believers) to model the integrity found in Christ, and His Word. Single men and women face a unique challenge and we wish to uphold and affirm brothers and sisters in their walk of integrity. Singleness is a provision and a gift that can be difficult to find balance in, so we wish to encourage you, and offer Biblical, prayerful support!
Titus 2:6-8 New King James Version (NKJV)
6 Likewise, exhort the young men to be sober-minded,
7 in all things showing yourself to be a pattern of good works; in doctrine showing integrity, reverence, incorruptibility,
8 sound speech that cannot be condemned, that one who is an opponent may be ashamed, having nothing evil to say of you.
3) F – FAITHFULNESS to the Call. (1 Cor. 7:17) Whether you have never married, or you are divorced, or are a widow or widower, God has a plan and a unique ministry for you. God can use any follower of Christ, regardless of their relationship status! You are a part of the priesthood of all believers! We seek to help you realize your purpose, passion, and calling in this gift of singleness. Do you hear the Lord calling you?
1 Corinthians 7:17 1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)
17 But as God hath distributeth to every man, as the Lord hath called every one, so let him walk: and so ordain I in all Churches.
4) T – TIMES and seasons. For most believers, singleness is most often only for a time and a season. Seasons change. Some seasons are long. Some are short. Many singles eventually move on to married life which is perfectly normal and acceptable (Marriage is defined in Genesis 2:24-25). However, that is a different season in which different tasks and callings can be accomplished. All seasons are equally important. Therefore, singles should not waste their current season waiting for the next season to arrive! Certain things can be done ONLY in your current season! So we want to encourage believers to see singleness not necessarily as a permanent state of being (this earthly life is temporary!) but as a valuable season in which to work!
Romans 13:11-14 1599 Geneva Bible
11 And that, considering the season, that it is now time that we should arise from sleep: for now is our salvation nearer, than when we believed it.
12 The night is past, and the day is at hand, let us therefore cast away the works of darkness, and let us put on the armor of light,
13 So that we walk honestly, as in the day: not in gluttony, and drunkenness, neither in chambering* and wantonness, nor in strife and envying.
14 But put ye on the Lord JESUS CHRIST, and take no thought for the flesh, to fulfill the lust of it.
* NOTE: Chambering is a word referring to the cohabitation of unmarried men and women. It also refers to the sexual act associated with such unmarried cohabitation (so called “common law” marriage). Paul tells us here that the honest thing to do is for unmarried men and women to live separately until marriage. “Chambering” comes from the Greek word “KOYTAY” (Strongs 2845) meaning “a couch, by extension, cohabitation, by implication the male sperm, conceive). Koytay is only approved Biblically when marriage is undergone first. See Heb 13:4 - Marriage is honourable and bed is undefiled. (“bed” is the same Greek word as “chambering”- Koytay. “Marriage” = “GAMOS” Strongs 1062 means “wedding, nuptials”).
1 Corinthians 7:29 1599 Geneva Bible
29 And this I say, brethren, because the time is short, hereafter that both they which have wives, be as though they had none:
1 Corinthians 7:32 1599 Geneva Bible
32 And I would have you without care. The unmarried careth for things of the Lord, how he may please the Lord.
5) S – SUPPORT and LOVE for singles, from Jesus and from each other – We want to encourage you and show love and support through personal prayer ministry, worshiping, having fellowship together, and the reading the Holy Bible. We want you to have a strengthened hope and faith in Jesus Christ! Jesus wants your JOY to be FULL as you abide in HIS LOVE!
John 15:9-12 1599 Geneva Bible
9 As the father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue in that my love.
10 If ye shall keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love, as I have kept my Father’s commandments, and abide in his love.
11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.
12 This is my commandment, that ye love one another, as I have loved you.
- - - -Please note: We define the term "single" as meaning "those who have never married, are legally divorced, or have lost a spouse to death." Those who are separated yet still legally married are not considered "single". We must take this stand both because it is biblical and also to protect everyone involved. This is also to protect involved parties from hurt feelings, personal conflicts, and legal complications. Thank you for your understanding in this.
Some blog entries from Pastor Curtis's Christian blog, “Viewfinder” regarding Singleness and related issues
Want to know more about this meeting? Email Pastor Curtis at: email@example.com
On The GO –
Our upcoming Meetings: Check back every week for our latest updates by Clicking Here! As always, coffee and parking is Free!
Church On The GO (churchonthego.ca) is A Free Full-Gospel Christian FelIowship in Newmarket, Ontario, Canada
www.churchonthego.ca - Website design by Curtis Alexander © 2009-2017 firstname.lastname@example.org